Corton En Charlemagne Grand Cru Red
One of the very few red wines produced from the “Charlemagne” area which is normally devoted to Chardonnay. Considered a curiosity and abundant with charm and enthusiasm. A real treat !!
Production: 2 000 bottles
Download data sheets
- GRAPE : Pinot Noir
- SURFACE : 1 acre
- AGE OF THE VINES : 40 years
- VINTAGE : hand harvested
- WINEMAKING : Cold temperature pre-fermentation vinification
- AGING : 18 months in oak barrels. 30% new barrels
- SERVICE : 16°
- TASTING : Ruby red colour with brownish reflections.
Very pleasant and frank, our Corton en Charlemagne combines suppleness and mellowness with a more full-bodied sensation which arouses the taste buds.
- FOOD AND WINE : Poultry: guinea fowl, pigeon, chicken, quail, capon
Game and poultry terrines.
Cheese made from cow’s milk
- CUSTODY : Red Grand Cru produced from a terroir usually for white wine (Chardonnay), this Corton is very similar in style to Volnay. Best aged between 2 to 3 years in cellar.